NIE Student of the Year for the session 2018-19
Gracey Sachdeva, class XII A, has been felicitated with the prestigious Times NIE Student of the Year award for the session 2018-19. The award is given for displaying a combination of talent, academic excellence, leadership ability and contributions made to the society. The child prodigy bagged a gift voucher, a certificate and a trophy. The Principal, Dr. Sangeeta Arora congratulated Gracey on her achievement.
Classmate Spell Bee Competition
Winners don’t wait for chances, they take it. Recently the school had organized the 11th edition of Classmate Spell Bee Competition which was conducted by the Times of India (NIE). Aditya Rajiv Sharma of Class VIII has made the school proud by clinching the position of the highest scorer of the school, in Level 1 of the competition. He has also been directly nominated for Level 3 of the competition. The principal Dr. Sangeeta Arora applauded the efforts made by Aditya and wished him all the best in his future endeavours.
Super League 2018
Small opportunities are often the beginning of great achievements. The enthusiastic students of K.R. Mangalam World School, G.K-II, Susree Mohanty of Class VII and Anshuman Sharma of Class V have proved that winning is believing in ‘Yes, I can’ and the future belongs to those who believe in oneself. The school had organised the School Super League 2018, a mega PAN INDIA event which was conducted by the Times of India (NIE). Both Susree and Anshuman were selected for the second round of the aptitude test and they have received Lenovo tablet as a prize in the competition. The principal Dr. Sangeeta Arora congratulated the students on their remarkable achievement.
Date: wednesday,20 March, 2019
Venue: Multi-Purpose Hall
One of the most important challenges of the school is to orient and enlighten the new set of parents of Nursery who come to the school with aspirations and dreams for their child.
- A well structured programme was conceived for the session 2019-20 to welcome and familiarize parents with the ethos of the school and the spirit behind our methodology.
- The orientation programme for the parents encapsulated mesmerizing performances ranging from Welcome Dance, Poem by K.G. students which encouraged a prolonged appreciation from the audience.
- The show reflected the enthusiasm and confidence of our tiny wonders.
- A power point presentation enlightened the parents about the objectives and philosophy of the school.
- It emphasized that provision of an optimal atmosphere and giving individual attention to each child ensures that every child grows and progresses to the best of his/her potential.
- The presentation elucidated the activities that are undertaken to develop the motor skills and eye hand coordination. The curriculum emphasized on Motor Skills, Reading Skills, Language Skills and Numbers, Shapes and Pattern Work.
The Principal, Dr. Sangeeta Arora shared her vision with the new members of the KRM family. She laid stress on the holistic development of the child which is the main aim and objective of the school. At K.R. Mangalam World School GK II, efforts are made by the teachers and opportunities are given to children to excel in every field. Ms. Sanya Gupta, shed light on the Nursery curriculum, that it is designed to help children discover themselves and the environment through exploration and ‘hands on’ creative experiences. The programme ended with a briefing by Dr. Raheja, a well known counselor, who highlighted the role of parents in child development and in developing a positive interaction between teachers and parents.
The programme ended with the National Anthem.
“As a caterpillar comes out of its cocoon to explore the world around it and be a beautiful butterfly… In the same way, young, innocent and adorable tiny tots leave the comfort zone of their homes to take a step forward in life and enter the world of formal education”
At K.R. Mangalam World School GK II, an Adaptation Programme was organized in order to make the children comfortable in the new environment, this was the first step towards their journey of knowledge and excellence. This helped our little ones to get familiarized with their teachers, peer group and the new school environment.
Each day was meticulously planned with fun filled and exciting activities like Buggy Ride, Pottery, Tattoo-Making, Art and Craft, Poems, Storytelling, Magic Show, Ice-Cream party, E-Rickshaw Ride, etc. Children were most receptive as they enjoyed the KRM PLAYZANIA that brought fun and learning together through timeless and universal form of role playing.