In thou hands lay our discipline!
Students of K.R. Mangalam World School, G.K-II are learning the importance of voting through Student Council Elections. The Student Council helps to build leadership skills and shape members into more mature and confident adults.
The following students of Class XII ( Session 2017-18) of K.R Mangalam World School, G.K-II have qualified for the JEE Advance to be held on May, 21, 2018 after clearing the JEE Mains.
The Principal Ms Alka Awasthi wishes the students best of luck for their JEE Advance.
|Abhishek Khurana||Eshita Goel|
K.R. MANGALAM WORLD SCHOOL OBSERVED THE SCHOLAR BADGE CEREMONY
K.R. Mangalam World School, G.K.-II held the Scholar Badge Ceremony on 28 April 2018, to honour and felicitate the exemplary scholastic achievements of the students. This day being an extremely significant and momentous day, marked the recognition of students who have showcased their academic prowess and proved their worth as a Mangalite through sheer hard work.
The ceremony began on a propitious note by invoking the blessings of the omnipotent Almighty and the ceremonial lighting of the lamp by the panel of distinguished guests. The function was presided over by the Chief Guest of the day Sri Madhup Tiwari, IPS , Joint Commissioner of Police, Western Range, Delhi Police, the Vice Chairman Dr Jai Dev, the Academic Advisor Dr Ashok Arora . This was followed by a melodious rendition of ‘Ud Chale’ , an inspirational song sung by the musically endowed singers of the school to soar greater heights of achievements.
The Principal, Ms Alka Awasthi addressed the august gathering and motivated the students to have a vision that decides whether one sinks or soars in the flight of life. Superb winners are the ones who display a mastery of their vision before their competence. This was followed by the moment that all the proud parents and guests were waiting for- the Scholar Badge ceremony. Students were handed over their hard earned awards by the revered guests. Sri Madhup Tiwari exhorted the students with his stirring speech and real life anecdotes. He stressed upon the fact that with recognition comes responsibility and that each individual should be prepared to shoulder the mantle of excellence that he/she has chosen.
The graceful and artistic dancers of the school presented ‘Conglomeration’- A Unifying dance performance and held the spectators spell bound. The ceremony concluded with the vote of thanks by the Senior School Coordinator, Ms Ritu Sachdeva followed by the National Anthem.
CANDID MOMENTS WITH SH ANIL SWARUP, SECRETARY, EDUCATION, MHRD
It is not every day that one gets to meet real-life superheroes. It was truly an honour to not only be felicitated by the Secretary of Education, Sh Anil Swarup, during K.R. Mangalam World School’s Super Scholar Badge celebrations, but also to engage in a candid tête-à-tête with him. Here are some excerpts from the same.
- Sir, you have achieved so many milestones in your field of work. What is your success mantra?
- The greatest contributor to success is to enjoy every moment of life. I believe it is important to follow your heart and chase your dreams
- From an illustrious academic career, to a life dedicated to public service and academic enforcement, do you think that the ‘road not taken’ has impacted your life differently?
- I believe that cumulating knowledge has helped me to apply theoretical concepts in practicality and to put things into perspective. One should use simple learning and comprehension to widen one’s mind-set, perspective and horizon.
- I recall Rudyard Kipling’s poem ‘If’, which has a particularly inspiring line- “If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster and treat those two impostors just the same”. As a successful individual, sir, how important is it to experience failures, challenges and obstacles in life?
- Failure is just a stepping stone towards success and if there is no failure, there is no success. One can achieve success, despite numerous obstacles and failures. I believe whatever one does, it has to be done with perfection be it tying the knot of your tie, combing or polishing your shoes. We have to accept that life is a package deal; success and failure are just parts of it.
- Sir, is there any unforgettable moment, or any particular event which you cannot forget?
- Whenever, I recall all my achievements, the awards and the medals which have helped me make a difference in someone’s life, I feel satisfied. I remember after implementing the national health insurance scheme, I went to a hospital to see how it was being facilitated, so an old lady met me and told me that she liked the scheme so much that she will tell God that one good thing is definitely happening on earth.
- On a lighter note, Sir, is there any particular TV show you like to watch?
- (laughs) I don’t watch Television. But yes, I am active on twitter which was being introduced to me by my son. I would recommend everyone to read the Newspaper and watch News.
Interviewed by- Kamya Gupta and Vivaan Madhok
K.R MANGALAM WORLD SCHOOL, G.K-II RUNS FOR A NOBLE CAUSE
K.R. Mangalam World School, G.K-II aims to develop in students the value of personal integrity and skills to demonstrate helpfulness and respect for others. In pursuit of the same, the students and teachers of K.R. Mangalam World School, G.K-II participated in a unique Half-Marathon named “RUN for LAADLI”, an initiative of Delhi Police and Ladli Foundation Trust to spread awareness about gender equality and the need to abolish crimes against women. The students also administered a pledge to raise their concern against domestic violence and other deplorable crimes against women.
The event was an effort to involve and inspire our youth to oppose any act of injustice against women and to espouse concern for gender equality. The Principal, Ms Alka Awasthi congratulated the students and teachers for joining the noble cause.
Abhinandan Educational and Welfare Society in association with Art Hub organised a drawing competition on Friday, 15 December 2017 to explore the creative potentials in the young minds of the children. It was a grand success with a number of prestigious schools of Delhi participating in the event. Nearly hundred students of K.R. Mangalam World School, G.K.II participated earnestly in the competition.It was held at one of the sprawling and lush green lawns of India Gate.
Transformation of a series of small things into visual expression was the main crux of this endeavour. The main thrust was towards stirring the imagination and providing a platform for innovation, exploration and aesthetics. The young participants spun magic which pulled the strings in the heart, mind and soul of the judges unleashing the forces within. The topic for the competition was ‘Education for All’. The students proved that they not only excel in academics but also shine in exhibiting their skills by their creative presentation.
The event completed with flawless and stringent standards of evaluation and process.Chhavi Goyal of K.R. Mangalam World School was adjudged the best and was given the first prize. Shlok Ahuja and Vidhita Malhotra of the same school bagged the second and third position respectively and made the school proud.
K.R. MANGALAM WORLD SCHOOL, G.K.II
It has rightly been said by Frank Smith, that ❝one language sets you in a corridor for life, two languages open every door along the way.❞
In pursuit of the same, an interactive session was held on 15th December 2017 for the parents of Class IV in order to help them explore the prospects of French, German, Sanskrit language and other firsthand information about their career prospects .
Mr. Olivier Litvine, Attaché for Cooperation in French Language and Ms. Jagriti Bhudiraja, Coordinator, Educational Services, Goethe Institut/ Max Mueller Bhavan enlightened the parents about the benefits of learning French/German as a foreign language.
Ms. Suman Sabharwal, the Sanskrit Faculty from K.R. Mangalam World School, G.K II, spoke about benefits of learning Sanskrit, the mother of all languages.
The session helped the parents make a correct choice for the third language for their wards for Class V.
The session ended with an interactive discussion where the queries by the parents were taken up by the experts.
Scholar Badge Ceremony at K.R. Mangalam World School, G.K-II
K.R. Mangalam World School, G.K- II observed the Scholar Badge Ceremony of classes IV, VI, VIII and X of session 2016-17 on 8 December, 2017 to felicitate meritorious students for their academic brilliance. The event commenced with the invocation of the Almighty followed by the rendition of the school song by the School Choir.
The Principal, Ms. Alka Awasthi, welcomed the Chief Guest, Shri Anil Swarup, IAS, Secretary, School Education & Literacy, MHRD and congratulated the students and encouraged them to enjoy the glory for which they have worked so hard. In her thought provoking speech, she appreciated the meticulous efforts of outstanding students and motivated others to follow their path. Shri Anil Swarup exhorted the students to not only pursue their own goals, but also make a difference in the lives of those with whom they are associated. He also congratulated and praised the determination and perseverance of the awardees and motivated the other students to resolve to scale stellar heights.
An enthralling dance performance ‘Karmnishtha Gajanan- a dance drama’ held the audience captivated.
As a hallmark of true academic brilliance, Kritika Sharma of Class XII was awarded the most Promising Student Award for her exceptional talent and excellence in all fields. It was a proud moment for all present. The vote of thanks was proposed by the Senior School Academic Coordinator, Ms. Ritu Sachdeva.