Olympiad exams or Olympiads are the means for students to compete with other students on a similar educational level. Such exams promote the learning of skills in subjects like mathematics, science, computer technology or English language among students. Olympiad exams evaluates the conceptual learning and strengthens the reasoning, analytical and problem solving skills of a student from an early age. This way the student becomes ready for the upcoming challenges of the competitive world.
The major subjects in which Olympiad exams are conducted are:
- General Knowledge
- Spell Bee
*Olympiad exam covers the school curriculum and the exam pattern is based on multiple-choice questions.
We at KRMWS Faridabad prepares and encourages the students for these exams. The aim is to provide a unique competitive platform through and identify the young geniuses and create a talent pool for the future. Olympiads are not just only the exams they do a lot more to bring out the best in a child. Trying for and giving Olympiads motivates students to strive for better. A rank in the Olympiad develop a sense of confidence in the students and their parents. These also help parents identifying the talent of their child. Olympiads problem being tricky and more conceptual help students understand the topic well. This ultimately improves routine class results. These exams help cultivate a kind of analytical thinking in the children which is useful in any examination, be it IIT-JEE or any other competitive exam.
Olympiads help students to test their understanding, level of knowledge and power of reasoning. Olympiads not only improves the logical thinking and brains faster working but also give a career path to young ones. Olympiads as conducted by Science Olympiad Foundation provided a big platform where even primary students can show their talent at International, national or state level. India does not perform very good in the international Olympiads reason behind student do not have that much exposure. They are talented but are not aware of the skills required to take the Olympiad exams. Hence, taking Olympiads exams since younger stage inculcate the habit of taking challenge.
Olympiad exams not only tests the basic subjects taught in the school, these also enhance the analytical reasoning ability in a child. It increases the thinking capacity, problem solving skills, confidence and hence helps in an all over development of a child at a young stage.
- Clarity of concepts: Olympiad exams are all about getting the concept right. Basic knowledge is built on the foundation provided in early years of learning. It is only when the concepts are cleared, students can comprehend variety of questions. Conceptual understanding forms the basis of acquiring good grip over topics.
- Prepares for other competitions: Olympiads help to prepare students for future competitions. It creates a good working knowledge on the type of questions asked. Higher education requires students to appear for various national level entrance tests. It becomes easy for students who have already attempted such exams beforehand.
- Boosts self-confidence: Olympiad exams motivate students to perform better each time. Indian Talent Olympiad recognizes each and every participant and provides prizes to deserving candidates. This increases self-confidence and gives students the power to tackle more such challenges in the best possible way.
- Encourages self-learning: Today, with online learning and online Olympiads by Indian Talent Olympiad, students can learn at their own pace. To take these tests click here. These exams encourage self-learning that goes a long way in students’ life. It enables to check their progress on a timely basis. It ensures improvement in score with rigorous practice.
- Assists academic performance: All Olympiad exams are based on existing school syllabus. Students are meant to study the same topics for Olympiads that they learn in school. Thus, those who practice for Olympiads, automatically score well in their school exams too. It supports and enriches academic performance indirectly.
- Develops additional learning skills: Olympiad exams require students to think differently. Instead of looking at questions in one angle, they have to weigh all consequences to that angle. This means, they need to think in different directions to arrive at the right answer. It enables students to master the art of exploration.
- Improves reasoning ability: All subjects of Olympiads include logical reasoning as one of its important segments. These segments open thinking horizon of students. Students can be asked questions on number series, alphabet sequences, blood relations, diagrams and so on. It ensures that students use their intellect in the most efficient manner.
- Additional Knowledge: Workbooks provided by Indian Talent Olympiad are rich with information. These books are creatively crafted to allow self-learning. All books are rich with questions from school syllabus. It gives students an upper hand to learning topics taught in class. Students are made clear on various topics and are provided with additional information as well.
- Develops interest: Olympiad exams are conducted in 8 subjects namely Science Olympiad, Maths Olympiad (IMO), English Olympiad, General Knowledge Olympiad, Social Studies Olympiad, Drawing Olympiad, Essay Olympiad, and Computers Olympiad. When students practice these subjects, they automatically develop love for the same. It is the best way to find out students’ liking and interest.
- Involves students in brainstorming sessions: Olympiad exams involve a lot of thinking and analyzing. It requires students to be engaged in brainstorming sessions to come out with the right answer. It leverages students’ potential to perform well after undergoing a lot of thought process.