In today’s digitalized and technologically advanced world, our society and the industry has progressed at a phenomenal rate. However, reading a traditional book and writing creative content has still not lost its importance in the gathering of knowledge and exploring of new ideas and imagination. Though the modes of engaging in such an activity are progressing rapidly with an adaptation of new technology, it has nevergone completely out of date due to the immense importance it subtly holds in our life.
This is even more so important for the young and adolescent minds budding with a lot of energy and creativity that awaits only a nudge towards the proper direction. To sum it up in one single sentence, creativity helps to create, while writing helps to record the creativity and blends it with the presentation. Therefore, realizing the potential of such an aspect in the development of a child, we, at the K.R. Mangalam School, have attempted to compile a few tips that can help the parents to instill their children with creativity and skillful writing abilities.
- Encourage your child to read every day:Exploring new genres and types of books not only exposes the children to a holistic viewpoint but also helps them to explore and understand the various aspects of their natural interests. Whereas specific TV programs are also desirable and may be useful in educating the child, it is best that the parents approach the topic with the traditional hardcopy of a book as it has a much broader effect on the cognitive memory of a child.
- Participating in writing competitions and writing exercises:Competition is a great motivator for any child who wishes to come out on top of any and every challenge presented to them. Participation in writing competitions and exercises can also prove to be hugely beneficial in developing their artistic and creative inwriting. As a first step towards promoting a competitive and innovativebehavior in children, parents canself-engage in friendly competitions with their kids. This is not only beneficial in creating a strong bond but also in improving the vocational skills of the child.
- Keeping a Diary:Maintaining a diary is an intricately personal activity that requires the child to properlyexpress the emotions of his/her daily life and nurture the ability to transcribe it in a way that represents the true feelings of the event. Such an exercise is a great way for regular practice and also helps the kids to develop their unique style and flair of writing. Taking the boring events of a tedious day and jotting it down in an exciting way is an asset that any child can pose towards the goal of being a creative writer.
- Help your kids understand the layout for creative content:There are a lot of elements that go into the building of a story, such as a plot, the place of the story, characters, etc. You can help your child to understand these aspects of the story by explaining them in a detailed and collaborative manner. Using examples from favorite bedtime stories and comic characters can also prove to be very helpful in making the child to understand the basics of a story building. A story is built upon plots, characters, and facts; however, it is the creative skills that bring all these facts together into a comprehensive and complete package. Therefore, understanding such a layout is essential for any young and budding creative writer.
- Introducing to simple writing exercises:One of the most effective ways to help kids improve their writing skills is to provide them with a series of words or sentences upon which they can build a story with the relevant topic. These not only help the child to visualize and correlate the word or the phrase and include it into the account but also to use their imagination to the full extent. Using pictures instead of words or phrases can also help achieve the same results differently.
The art of writing not only helps us to develop as a human being but also plays a big part in improving our cognitive ability and intellectual knowledge. Having such skills can prove to be a valuable asset in the long run.As a premier Institute, we, at K.R. Mangalam, one among the top 10 schools in PaschimVihar, Delhi, encourage the parents to keep an eye out for such talents and abilities in their child and help to nurture itwith the right kind of support and encouragement. Be it creative writing or any other form of passion, we, at KRMS, always try our best to provide the perfect learning atmosphereto the budding minds and strive to instillthem with the passion to create a better future for themselves. It is our firm belief that with the right kind of drive and encouragement, our little ones can certainly attain great success in their future endeavors.